In the bone-chilling weather in Mt. Juliet, nothing is as critical to your comfort as your home’s heating system. When temperatures plummet, concerns about heating bills vanish as you rush to crank up the heat. Keeping everyone safe and warm is your first priority.
That’s why it’s so important to schedule HVAC repairs at the first sign of a problem. A malfunctioning heater can quickly become a safety and health hazard. A timely repair helps safeguard your family, and it can save you a bundle of money too.
Carbon Monoxide Dangers
Heaters like gas furnaces and boilers work by burning a mixture of fuel and air. In a properly operating heating system, harmful combustion byproducts like carbon monoxide are safely vented outside. Heaters in need of repair, however, can allow these dangerous gases to leak into living spaces. Because you can’t see or smell deadly carbon monoxide, it can overcome you before you’re aware it’s in your home.
Living in a too-cold home can lead to hypothermia, which occurs whenever the body loses more heat than it can produce. Hypothermia is especially dangerous for seniors who lose body heat faster than younger adults do. Symptoms include mental confusion that makes it harder for people to recognize the danger. A well-working heating system is essential when outdoor temperatures fall below 40 degrees.
Without prompt attention, a faulty heater is likely to stop working altogether. On a frigid winter’s night, that can put everyone in your household at risk. System failures can hit you in your wallet too, especially if the breakdown isn’t repairable. A well-timed HVAC repair from Bentley’s Air Conditioning can prevent an affordable fix from turning into a premature heater replacement.
Serving greater Wilson County since 1945, Bentley’s Air Conditioning can be trusted to respond quickly whenever you need HVAC repairs. At Bentley’s Air Conditioning, we offer heating repairs 24/7, so you’re never left shivering while waiting for service. For more information, just give us a call today!